- Get Help
- Pests & Problems
- Plan A Garden
- Choose Plants
- Manage A Garden
- Food Gardening
- Fire-smart Landscaping
- Climate-wise Gardening: Drought, Frost, Heat
- Our Projects
Sustaining Your School Garden
- what needs to be done and who will do it
- garden activities and lesson plans
- safety guidelines for proper handling of tools, soil amendments etc.
In addition, you will benefit from performing the following annual tasks to ensure your garden is well maintained.
- If you have irrigation, inspect any irrigation materials for leaks and opportunities to save water.
- Document your water schedule to pass down to future garden helpers.
- Suppress weeds by mulching around beds and remove weeds before seed.
- Amend your soil with compost or cover crops.