It is a service provided by UC Marin Master Gardeners, who present research-based programs to garden clubs, business and civic organizations, neighborhood associations, schools and other groups on a variety of topics from the world of horticulture, sustainable gardening practices and more. Programs may include slide presentations and, for some subjects, demonstration and hands-on formats.
Who will my speaker be?
Programs are presented by UC Marin Master Gardener volunteers with knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm about the subjects on which they speak. A brief speaker biography will be provided in advance, if desired, for use in your publicity.
What topics are available?
Below is a list of current programs. If you don’t see a specific topic of interest, please contact us.
• About Succulents
• Alliums: Onions and Garlic and Leeks, Oh My!
• Basic Backyard Composting
• Basic Pruning
• Composting 101
• Composting for Gold
• Container Vegetable Gardening
• Edible Flowers - Beyond the Beauty
• Exploring Plant Life on Ring Mountain
• Fall to Winter Vegetable Gardening
• Gardening with California Natives
• Getting to the Root of the Matter
• Growing Strawberries and Blueberries
• Habitat Gardening: Bring Birds, Bees & Butterflies to Your Yard
• Herbs for All Seasons
• Hillside Gardening 101
• Invasives: More than just Bugs and Blooms
• Keeping Varmints at Bay
• Late Summer/Fall Vegetable Gardening
• Lawn Replacement
• Mid-Summer Vegetable Gardening
• Mini-Succulent Gardens
• Pruning Roses and Basic Rose Care
• Talking Tomatoes
• The Secret Lives of Bees
• Vegetable Gardening: Basics and Challenges
• Water: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
• Wisteria Pruning
What else do I need to know?
Talks typically run 45 to 60 minutes, with time for questions and answers. We may not be able to fill requests for groups of less than 15 people. Please contact us at least one month in advance for any speaker request.
Call: (415) 473-4204 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org