Backyard Gardening Calendars
Get to know your backyard tree fruits and their needs as they change throughout the year. Learn about what is needed in the winter dormant season. spring bloom season, summer growing season, and fall harvest season. Read further for handling and care information covering topics such as irrigation, fertilization, and pruning for the following fruits:
I want to know more about...
- Blackberries, and Growing blackberries if your home garden
- Blueberries, and Growing berries in your garden
- Cantaloupe, and cultural tips for growing cantaloupe
- Frost protection for citrus and other subtropicals
- Fruit trees – growing a small fruit tree
- Fruit trees - in the home yard
- Fruit trees - planting and care of young trees
- Fruit trees - thinning young fruit
- Fruit trees - training and pruning deciduous trees
- Grapes, and Grapes FAQs
- Strawberries - growing and storing/preparing
Also, check out Fruit Facts, a series of publications containing information on individual fruits, including botanical identification, plant description and culture notes, and characteristics of cultivars.