- UC Marin Master Gardener Events & Classes
- Garden Help from UC Marin Master Gardeners
- Community Outreach Projects of UC Marin Master Gardeners
Great Gardening Information
- Community Gardens
- Gardening Resources
- Gardening Tips & Techniques
- Growing Edibles
- Integrated Pest Management
- Marin Gardens Map
- Pests & Other Problems
- School Garden General Information
- Selecting Plants
- Marin Master Gardener Independent Journal Articles
- How to Become a Master Gardener
- UC Marin Master Gardeners Opportunity Fund: Providing for the Future
Sustaining Your School Garden
- what needs to be done and who will do it
- garden activities and lesson plans
- safety guidelines for proper handling of tools, soil amendments etc.
In addition, you will benefit from performing the following annual tasks to ensure your garden is well maintained.
- If you have irrigation, inspect any irrigation materials for leaks and opportunities to save water.
- Document your water schedule to pass down to future garden helpers.
- Suppress weeds by mulching around beds and remove weeds before seed.
- Amend your soil with compost or cover crops.