Community Outreach Projects of UC Marin Master Gardeners
Marin Master Gardeners provide community organizations with educational outreach, consultation, knowledge and skills to create a healthy environment for Marin County.
What are the criteria for Community Outreach Projects?
- Community Outreach Projects must be with and for a non-profit organization, community group, town or government agency within Marin County.
- Community Outreach Projects shall fall into one of three designated categories:
- Short-term projects - less than 18 months
- Mid-range projects - one to four years
- Special co-sponsored on-going projects
- All Community Outreach Projects must include a community educational outreach plan and include several of the following components:
- Water conservation
- Drought tolerant plants
- California native plants
- Native plant habitat gardens
- Renovation and/or restoration of native plants
- Garden and/or irrigation design
- Garden and/or irrigation installation
- Composting, mulching, and/or worm bins
- Disease and/or pest management
- Erosion Control
- Pruning and maintenance
- Community Outreach Projects must follow the research-based horticultural guidelines of the University of California Cooperative extension.
What else do I need to know?
Marin Master Gardeners will help on projects within the limitations of our resources, as volunteers are available. Marin Master Gardeners will not be a source of materials or supplies for projects and will not be solely responsible for the maintenance of a project.
How do I contact you?
Please email the Master Gardener Help Desk at HelpDesk@marinmg.org or call (415) 473-4204.
What information do I need to provide?
Please provide the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- Your organization’s name
- Type of organization
- Location of proposed project, public accessibility
- Goals of your project and what Master Gardener involvement would you like to have
- Expected duration of the project
How much do you charge?
There is no charge for participation in Community Outreach Projects with Marin Master Gardeners.
Thank you for thinking of Marin Master Gardeners! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions.