WHO WE ARE
UC Marin Master Gardeners (MGs) are University of California Cooperative Extension-trained volunteers who share their knowledge and skills with home gardeners and community organizations through educational outreach and community service. There are a number of ways to contact us below. We hope to hear from you soon!
Due to restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are restricting all communications, as well as our Help Desk inquiries, to EMAIL ONLY. Please stay tuned for updates on our public outreach and community in-person activities as the situation evolves. We thank you for your understanding.
WHAT WE DO
We focus on providing knowledge and information that promotes healthier plants, people, the environment and our community through:
- Answering home-owner gardening questions at the Help Desk and Farmer’s Markets
- Conducting classes and other hands-on learning events like the Marin County Fair
- Designing and implementing demonstration gardens that feature a variety of plants and growing environments like the ones at Falkirk in San Rafael
- Write educational articles that appear weekly in the Marin Independent Journal, Patch and the Marin Master Gardener newsletter, The Leaflet
- Conducting on-site garden evaluations (in conjunction with Marin Municipal Water District) for opportunities to reduce water use through our Marin-Friendly Garden Walks program
- Assisting in the development of community and school gardens
Contact our Help Desk: 415 473 4204
Questions on plant health and gardening practices - HelpDesk@marinmg.org
School Gardens - firstname.lastname@example.org
VISIT US AT THE HELP DESK
Monday - Friday 9 am to noon, and 1 to 4 pm:
UCCE Master Gardener Desk
1682 Novato Boulevard, Suite 150B
Novato, CA 94947
VISIT US AT FARMERS MARKETS
Check here for days and times at a variety of locations.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MASTER GARDENER?
Learn more about the California-wide UC Master Gardener program and what it takes to become a master gardener.
|Climate Change and The Gardener Part I: Impact and Mitigation||4/17/2021|
|Climate-Smart Gardening Part II: Adaptation||4/24/2021|
|Pruning Japanese Maples||5/8/2021|
|Annual Succulent Sale||5/22/2021|